Cosmetic Dentist Tysons, VA
More people seek treatment from cosmetic dentists than ever before to get the smile they have always wanted. From straightening crooked teeth to brightening yellowed ones, cosmetic dentists can enhance people’s smiles through various procedures. A cosmetic dentist performs a range of treatments to improve the appearance of the teeth, gums, and bite.
Cosmetic dentistry is available at Smile Makers Dental Center in Tysons and the surrounding area. With new techniques and advanced technology, our team can help you achieve a more beautiful smile. Call us today to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment.
Reasons to See a Cosmetic Dentist
Many people decide to see a cosmetic dentist to enhance their smile before a special event, such as a school dance or a wedding. Cosmetic dental treatments can benefit anyone who wants to improve their smile’s appearance, regardless of the occasion. People with various cosmetic issues, such as crooked, discolored, uneven, cracked teeth, can benefit from seeing a cosmetic dentist.
People with crooked teeth may feel self-conscious about their smile. Fortunately, there are cosmetic procedures that can make teeth straighter and help people smile with confidence. As people get older, their teeth are more likely to stain and become more yellowed. While this discoloration is difficult to remove at home, a cosmetic dentist can lift stains and help teeth appear whiter and brighter. Cosmetic dentists can also help fix uneven teeth that vary in size and make them appear more uniform.
“Cosmetic dental treatments can benefit anyone who wants to improve their smile’s appearance, regardless of the occasion.”
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cracked, crooked, discolored, and uneven teeth can impact people’s confidence and self-esteem. It can influence their success in school and work roles, personal relationships, and mental health. According to one study, people’s perception of their smile’s appearance can remarkably affect their social and psychological well-being which is reflected in their behavior and can affect their self-confidence. Cosmetic dental procedures can enhance a person’s appearance and help them smile and live more confidently.
Cosmetic dentistry can also translate into better oral health by addressing decay and overcrowding that hinders the cleaning of teeth and gums. Some procedures can strengthen teeth and protect against further deterioration. Other procedures, such as bonding, can help teeth become less sensitive.
“Cosmetic dental procedures can enhance a person’s appearance and help them smile and live more confidently.”
Various procedures are available to choose from depending on the patient’s needs and goals. People interested in receiving cosmetic dental treatment should have a consultation to learn about the available options. Our team will help determine the optimal treatment for each patient. Some common cosmetic dental procedures include:
- Bonding: This treatment uses resin to repair chips and cracks, close gaps, or shape teeth. Bonding is an alternative to metal fillings when the patient wants the repair to be discreet. Once the resin is in place, a special blue light will harden the material.
- Crowns: Crowns fit over the entire tooth. Filing of the natural tooth must occur to prepare a tooth for a crown. This filing leaves a “post” over which the crown sits when cemented into place.
- Enamel shaping: Enamel shaping is also known as contouring and is a simple procedure. Polishing tools removes a bit of surface enamel to smooth out chips or unevenness. Shaping is a quick procedure that does not require numbing.
- Gum reshaping: Gum reshaping is a solution for smiles that show a lot of gum. This procedure involves removing a small portion of gum tissue so more of the tooth is visible. Patients can have this procedure done on one tooth or several.
- Teeth whitening: Patients have several options for teeth whitening. Teeth whitening can occur in the dental office or come in the form of custom-made trays. Both professional teeth whitening methods utilize peroxide-based teeth whitening agents to remove tooth discoloration.
- Veneers: Typically made of porcelain, veneers are thin coverings made to custom-fit over teeth fronts and sides. The placement process involves buffing the teeth before cementing the veneers into place. Veneers improve the appearance of a smile while protecting the tooth’s surface from damage.
“Various procedures are available to choose from depending on the patient’s needs and goals.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Cosmetic Dentist in Tysons, VA
Preparing for a Visit
Before taking the next step to a more beautiful smile, people must prioritize their oral health. It is crucial to have healthy teeth and gums since unhealthy ones can interfere with the procedure and results. People should also make sure to do their research about treatments and plan financially beforehand. It is essential to think about budget, lifestyle, and cosmetic goals before seeking treatment.
People should prepare questions for their consultation. The consultation allows people to ask any questions regarding specific treatment options, treatment candidacy, potential results, and more. Asking the right questions and taking mental or written notes throughout the consultation will help determine whether a specific treatment is right for them.
“It is essential to think about budget, lifestyle, and cosmetic goals before seeking treatment.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Finding the Right Cosmetic Dentist
Choosing the right cosmetic dentist is essential to get the desired results. The first part of finding the right cosmetic dentist is to conduct research. Look at the dentist’s background and training since advanced training and continuing education are essential for a cosmetic dentist. People should also look at past work and read online reviews that highlight the dentist’s capabilities.
The consultation is a crucial opportunity for patients to meet with the dentist, get a feel for the office, and dive deeper into the cosmetic dentistry process. Ask questions to evaluate the dentist’s skills and experience and determine if they are the right choice. Our team will address any questions or concerns to help people feel confident in taking the next step towards a more beautiful smile.
“Choosing the right cosmetic dentist is essential to get the desired results.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How long do cosmetic dental treatments take?
A. The length will depend on what treatment or treatments the patient has chosen. Some procedures are quick and can take one visit, while others are more extensive and may take several visits over weeks or months. Our team will provide patients with a more detailed timeline during their consultation.
Q. Do cosmetic dental treatments hurt?
A. Most cosmetic treatments are painless, such as whitening. Others can cause some discomfort, such as veneers and bridges. Our team is committed to keeping patients as comfortable as possible throughout their treatment.
Q. How long does teeth whitening last?
A. There is a wide range of teeth whitening options available. Professional bleaching results can last from six months to three years, depending on the treatment chosen. People can help their results last longer by taking care of their teeth and avoiding staining foods and beverages.
Q. What are the types of crowns?
A. Dental crowns can consist of many different materials. Some common options include porcelain, metal, resin, and ceramic. People interested in receiving a crown should discuss the available options with our team.
Q. How should I take care of my teeth after a cosmetic dental procedure?
A. Patients need to maintain proper oral hygiene after any cosmetic dental procedure. They should also follow all aftercare instructions to ensure optimal results. Regular dental check-ups are also an important part of maintaining healthy and beautiful teeth.
Start Feeling Better – Visit Us Today
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Definition of Dental Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2021
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2021
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2021
About our business, license, and website security
- Smile Makers Dental Center was established in 2001.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Fairfax County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Tysons, Falls Church and Fairfax
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular procedures offered in cosmetic dentistry. One option available to patients is take-home whitening trays for removing surface stains on the teeth. When considering this option, it may help to learn about the process to know what to expect. Continue reading to find out!Like other teeth whitening treatments,…
Individuals that have a chipped tooth, should visit a cosmetic dentistry practice to have it checked out. Tooth decay, facial trauma, or biting on hard foods are all potential causes of a chipped tooth. Failure to treat the tooth can be detrimental to the oral cavity and overall health. If the chip is due to…
A visit to a cosmetic dentistry office is the best step after experiencing a broken tooth. The tooth can break due to incidents like sports accidents, auto crashes, or even a hard fall. However, not all breakages or fractures cause discomfort. Therefore, it is better to have a dentist check and repair the tooth. Tooth…
Live your life to the fullest and visit our cosmetic dentist for procedures to give you the perfect smile.Are you looking for ways to straighten your teeth and achieve your ideal smile? With cosmetic dentistry, we can help. We offer a variety of cosmetic dental services that can help straighten your teeth, correct alignment issues,…